USTET 2018: A Step Closer to my Dreams

   
       When I was younger, every time people ask me where do I want to study in college, I always respond UST. At that time, I have no clue where to go to high school but I definitely know where I will go when I reach college. Without me noticing it, the time had passed so fast. I am now a graduating high school student that has to look for universities to attend in the next school year
A street in UST after the entrance exam

        Of course, as expected, UST is on top of my list when it comes to university searching. This was the first college that I applied to. I even skipped a class just to pay for the entrance exam and pass my requirements through LBC. It was quite tedious for me to finish my requirements as I was a bit confused what should I pass instead of a PSA birth certificate. Later I knew that I was to pass a photocopy of my passport and Alien Certification Card.

     Fast forward to October 14, 2018, the scheduled date of USTET. My classmate Josel, my mom, and I went to UST altogether. A soon as I stepped on the grounds of UST, I felt nostalgic. I remember being at that university during the DYG Summer Camp '16 when I first went there and the Neo-Centennial Retreat on my second time. I remember my Co-DomNet members at that time, how we were just so happy. I promised during those events I'll come back here as a Thomasian.

"I'll be back here in UST as a Thomasian, very soon."
Waiting before the USTET starts
      We arrived in UST around 12:35 pm, then we were dropped at the Main Building. Josel and I looked for the building I was supposed to take my test which is the UST AMV building, room number 420. As soon as we found it, I helped him to go to the CR to pee. Then, we went to the way where his building is (St. Raymund) but I saw people on a line in front of the building where I was to take my test and they were already going upstairs. At that moment, we had to separate for the next hours.

        We started going upstairs which was a bit tiring as the room was on the 4th floor. It was very hot when we were waiting in line. I actually got lost in finding my room. I went straight when I should have turned right. Nevertheless, I was able to see a CR. Finally, I reached my assigned room number. As soon as I entered the room, there were still very few people. I also noticed that it is so cold. When we got complete, we were arranged in alphabetical order.

Visiting Santisimo Rosario after USTET
         At last, we started having the test. First, we started filling out our personal information. Then, the test proper started with mental ability. The proctor told us that we have 45 minutes to finish the 80 item test. We are not expected to finish it but we are encouraged to answer as much as we can. Indeed, I was unable to finish that section. I was only able to answer up to no. 71, then the rest I just guessed. That test was more of logic and analysis. I honestly liked it and it was a bit easy for me.

       The next section was English. I really had a hard time answering it. Those were lessons in Grade 11 that I thought would not be important. Me, being a grammar nazi, was no use in that test. It was really different from the test I was expecting. All throughout that section, I was guessing. More likely choosing what seems connected to the choices. I was so difficult in my opinion. I finished earlier than the time, though.

         After that was Math. This was the easiest in my opinion. I honestly like Math but I am not an expert on it. This section was the only part where I did not guess most of my answers. You know that feeling when you solved for an equation and your answer is in the choices. I was just so happy and chill while answering the questions. I am a bit confident that I got lots of correct answers.

        The last part of the test was Science. I honestly do not have a clue about those questions. They were very hard and none of those I reviewed were there. While I on my way to UST I was trying to recall the levels of taxonomy, and boommm it wasn't there. The questions were really hard.  I just don't think I learned enough of it in Grade 11. When I was in this section, I became a little bothered. I am now doubting if I will pass the USTET.

The UST folder distributed after the entrance exam

A photo as a remembrance for taking the USTET
         At 5:35 pm, the test ended. We were given a survey questionnaire to be answered. We also received a UST folder which was really cute. It made me really want to be a Thomasian. Then,  we waited for a while to leave the room. When I was on my way to the St. Raymund's building, Josel and I met. We first visited the Santisimo Rosario Church to pray before we finally left the grounds of UST.
          It has been a tiring day for me but the experience is something I will never forget. The exam was hard and I am not confident with the scores I'll get. Although Nursing, my priority program, and Medical Technology, my alternative program, are both in demand in UST, I hope I'll have a slot for enrollment. The results will be out on January 28, 2019, which is the Feast Day of St. Thomas Aquinas. I have done my best and I believe God will do the rest. I'll patiently wait for the results.


Related post: TWO DAYS BEFORE USTET
                         NU Admissions Test Experience

Comments