NU Admissions Test Experience

   
On November 10, 2018, we took the National University Admissions Test at Pampanga High School (PHS). I went with my classmates Abram, Jeniffer, and Kenneth and we rode Thunder (Kenneth’s car). We left our house past 7 o’clock and we were so nervous that we will be late. The test started around 9 o’clock in the morning which was an hour behind the schedule. My other classmates Sophia, Denise, and Tyrese also took the exam.

      After waiting for an hour, the proctors started distributing the personal data sheet, answer sheet, test booklet, and scratch papers. After filling out the personal data sheet, we then started the test properly. While answering the proctors roamed around and stapled the requirements with our personal data sheet.

      Regarding the test itself, it was not super hard but it was not super easy as well. There are four subjects namely, English, Math, Science, and Aptitude. Each subject has only 30 items which were way fewer than the USTET. The test was answered spontaneously without stopping after each subject. The topics of the test were various lessons from Junior High School and Senior High School.

      I can say that English was a piece of a cake. It consisted of identifying errors, unlocking meanings, reading comprehension, and picture analysis. I am quite confident with my answers, honestly. I also anticipated that the next parts will be as easy as it is but I am partly wrong.

      When it comes to Math, it was that part that I took the longest. There were questions that I solved and the answers were not in the choices. There were also items that I am not familiar with. Of course, there were also easy questions. I also felt like I was spending too much time on some items and it bothered me as I look on Sophia, she was already on the next part.

      The next subject was Science. It was not that difficult. There were quite a lot of questions that I know and those were simple but there were also that is an alien language for me. Somehow, I wished I read our next lesson in gen Physics because there were questions about the Coulomb’s Law. By this time, I am already a little physically and mentally tired.

      Lastly, I answered the aptitude part. Looking at the figures made me dizzy. I admit that I am not good at spatial skills and it was hard for me. I remember that was the part I got 73 on my NCAE results. It was also hard on finding the relationship between numbers. But I told myself, “you’re almost at the end, just finish it.”

      After the test, we decided to stay to listen to the short talk and besides my friends wanted to receive t-shirts from NU. We were told about their scholarship grants, their notable graduates, their owner, their brief history, their courses offered, their tuition fee, and many more.

      Next, we went to S & R to have our lunch. We also walked around and took some free tastes. Then, we went to Kevin’s house, and soon we all went home.

      As I heard that their tuition fee ranges only from P20, 000- P30, 000, I think it is very affordable, and with the quality of education and facilities they have, it will be a good choice for me if I will study there. I am hoping and praying that I will be passing the admissions test. The results will be sent to us in December, keeping my finger crossed.

      This has been my second entrance exam and as I have observed, I was not as nervous as I was during the USTET. It was just chill and the other takers were not very serious unlike during the USTET. It was not also very cold but the sand was blown to us by the wind. The location was not the best but at least it is near and convenient.




Comments