Two days before USTET

     
      Today is Friday, it is only two days before I will be taking the University of Santo Tomas Entrance Test (USTET). I feel nervous and a bit bothered because I think I was not able to prepare myself well. I only self-reviewed during the summer break and I am not even sure if I was doing the right thing. I even planned to take review classes, but my busy schedule did not permit me to do so. I have never taken an entrance exam that is so defining for my future.

           I have borrowed a study guide and a practice test book from my friends but I rarely open them. The past weeks have really been busy as we are towards the end of the semester. Including the fact that I've trained for DSPC from Monday-Tuesday, competed on Wednesday, and reviewed for Finals from Thursday-Friday, and our final exams will be from Monday to Wednesday. It seems impossible for me to follow that tip to rest for two before the exams. I'll try my best to make time later at night and tomorrow to at least scan the study guides.

           I'm also having a dilemma whether I should study first for my Finals or for the Entrance Test. It seems like I have to choose between my present and the future. I would feel disappointed if I fail my Finals, it will really hit me very soon. Also, I would feel sad if I won't get into my dream university. I have done the application, paid for it, took the USTET, and wait for more than two months just to see I did not make it. I would also not like to apply for reconsideration, that would really hurt my pride.

           UST is really my dream school, I do not know what will I feel if I will not be accepted in it. I am trying to be as optimistic as I can be. I know God will help me in answering those questions. As I mentioned above, this is my first time to take an entrance exam. Because I do not have have an experience, it makes me really anxious. 

         On Sunday, I will be going with Josel (supposedly, we are going with Germaine but her application was deleted due to the wrong size of picture) and my Mom to Manila. Our test will start at 2:00 pm and ends at 6:00 pm. I hope everything turns out right. Please pray for me and my friend.

           After taking the USTET, I will also take the entrance exam at Centro Escolar University and National University so that I could have other choices where to go to college.

In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.
 -Psalms 25:1

Comments