Thoughts After Reading The Fault in Our Stars

       I just finished reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. It was truly heart-wrenching. It had a great plot. I caught myself crying towards the end. I assume it did not have a formal ending. I guess the author got that Idea from the book An Imperial Affliction (if that book is real) which Gus and Hazel read. I think, like AIA, it presumably ended because Hazel got really sick or at the moment she sobbed, she was unable to breathe. Maybe, she already wanted to die too.

      This novel made me think of the importance of life. I am the same age as her but I don' t think I have enjoyed my life as much as she did on her last months. Probably, I should do more memorable things as well as fun and exciting activities. 

        Unlike her, I am not afraid that no one will remember me when I died. As long as I made my loved ones happy, that will be enough. I do not need a lot of people remembering me just to make them sad. When that time comes, I want to die peacefully and happily. I do not want to be a grenade. 


*An entry in my journal after reading The Fault in our Stars prior to watching the movie adaptation. This was written on May 28, 2017


Comments