LIFE GOALS WRITTEN BY MY 16 YEAR OLD SELF





     While I was scrolling through my Penzu Journal, I saw this entry which I wrote when I was around 16 years old. It somehow reminded me why I am waking up very morning. I have goals that I am working on, taking small steps forward in achieving them. Here was the entry I wrote:

July 30, 2017

        Recently, I felt like I've been spending my time unwisely; so I came up to a list to make. Writing for me is a way of stress relieving.  I feel relaxed when I've emptied my mind with worries, things I can't say, just anything, as I transfer them onto a paper. The first list I will be making is LIFE GOALS. Like any other persons, I also have dreams. My dreams serve as my inspiration every time I wake up in the morning knowing I have to strive harder in achieving them.

MY LIFE GOALS


1. FINISH MY STUDIES

   "Education is the most powerful weapon, with it you can change the world," it may be cliche as it sounds but this is my number 1 goal. I believe that this will be my stepping stone in achieving my goals. I am not a talented person so it is a must for me to finish school to have an assured job. I must say I was born to be in school, to learn and explore.

2. BE AN M.D.

    It has been my dream to become a doctor. I can't wait for the day that the title M.D. will be added at the end of my name. I would also like to help the less privileged with medical assistance. I have no plans on going abroad as my country, Philippines, is in need of doctors.

3. BE WEALTHY

    I would like to be rich so I will be able to give the needs of my family. In deed, I should bring back the support my parents have given me. I also want to help the people around me especially the young ones whose parents can't afford to send them to school. Dreaming of being wealthy may seem greedy, but I have my purposes. 

4. LIVE A LIFE WITHOUT REGRETS

     As I explore the world, I don't want to miss opportunities that will make me ask 'what if's'. If ever I would make mistakes, I will bear in mind that these are lessons to be learnt. "It is better to try and fail, than to never know and wonder."

5. BE IN GOD'S KINGDOM

     This is my last and ultimate goal. I may not achieve all the goals I've written above, I will still be grateful as long as I fulfill this. Even though I have a rocky road on Earth, everything will be alright as I go above and be with my Father. 

Comments