The Rage of Hell Week

        Several times I have heard the word "hell week" from students but I never expected that it will be one day my own experience. I have always had my shit together but this time is so different. I am so stressed that my brain is having a hard time to concentrate. Everything is a mess and I am so stressed.

       After having the DSPC last Wednesday, we were given a three-day rest for us to review for Finals. But I used those three days to prepare for the USTET. I have read through the study guide, answered practice tests, and practiced shading circles. 

       I now regret not reviewing for finals. What I studied for the USTET did not really show up. I felt like I wasted the time when I should be preparing for my final exams. I had the chance to prevent all this anxiety and stress but I did not take the opportunity. If only I had made a better choice. If only I knew.

       During the Finals, I felt so uncertain. I feel like I have not studied enough and I am more likely to fail. I spent five hours straight reviewing even I already feel burnt out. My room was so cluttered with all my books scattering around, papers in piles, and sticky notes on my wall. And still, I have these feeling of nervousness. 

      It was actually funny, last Tuesday, I woke up earlier than my alarm to study Physics. Even before my alarm rang, I woke up several times during the evening and my brain is trying to recall questions about momentum, velocity, etc. Seems like my brain is ready to study early in the morning.

      After finishing the exams, there is another battle I had to fight, it is finishing our research paper. For the first time in my life, I slept at 4:48 am due to school works. It seemed a sign when Lyn, Cyla, and I were talking what was the latest time we slept because of a requirement. I felt so tired but I had to finish as it due today. I have slept for three hours and went to school.

       Although I am so sleepy, I still had to revise our research paper. My stress level is now at peak. I did not even have the appetite to eat. I also feel ugly now because of my dark eye bags. Luckily the final defense was moved on Monday, a bit of rest for now.

       With this experience, I am once reminded how important time management is. I'll try my best to prevent this from happening again. This is a mistake where I should learn from. I am also now having this feels of graduation. Everything seems coming so fast and it's now towards the end :(. We are almost on our last semester in Senior High School.

Comments