Back to School Stationery Haul

    Back to school is just around the corner. It is around a week before the new school year starts. You may be wondering how come I am going back to school and you just started your vacation recently. It just works like that as most schools in the Philippines start the academic year during June. 

    As a typical student and also a stationery junkie, back to school stationery haul is my favorite and awaited thing to do before every school year begins. But as years passed by, I realized that I've been buying too much stationery. Now, there are only few things I have to buy as I almost have everything I need. So I decided that I will only buy things that are really necessary. To make that plan possible, I made a list of the things I need and the things I have to restock in my stationery drawer. Unfortunately, there are still things that I bought even they are not in my list. For sure it has always been hard to resist the temptation to buy a certain cute stationery, right?

      All the stuffs featured in this blog are from SM department store except for the notebooks as I bought them in National Bookstore. So without further ado, let's get into the haul.

P.S. I am no way trying to brag. I just want others to have an idea of what to buy for the back to school especially with the readers  from the Philippines.

 Corona Spiral Notebook

PHP 64.75 (1.23 USD)
     I bought this notebook around two years ago and I never used it because none of my teachers back then required a big notebook (we typically use A5 notebooks in Junior High School). I decided that I will use it for this school year as I was not able to finish the five-subject notebook I used last school year. I was also not satisfied with the space a five-subject notebook gives. I realized that I find it odd to not see the bigger picture of the lesson when it is not written in a single page or something I can view in a glance. Sounds strange, right? I just don't know but I feel it that way. I will also only use one notebook for all of my notes so that it will make my backpack less heavy and I also like the idea of having all my lectures together.

      By the way, I did not buy this notebook with this cover. I made the cover by making a collage of aesthetic pictures I found online and I just wrote a quotation to keep me reminded that I should not always be afraid. I just did not like how plain the cover of the notebook is being pure blue and just having the logo of the brand. I also laminated the cover so it will be hard and not tear easily.

A5 Stradmore Diary: Notes Dotted

PHP 50 (0.95 USD)

    This notebook has been stored on my shelf since January. I just can't help not buying it at that time as it is very rare to see a dotted notebook in our country that is very affordable. I will be using it as my bullet journal this school year to keep me organized. Although it has white pages and its leaves are like ordinary notebook pages, I chose it over my pale cream and thick pages old bullet journal. Simply because I just did not want to re-purchase that kind of notebook because of its price. Paying PHP 400 for a bullet journal is ridiculous and I can't imagine how others can buy the ever famous Moleskine and Leuchttrum journals. This notebook just works fine. In fact I already set up my bullet journal for the first quarter of the school year. Soon, I will be posting my set up for the school year.

Legal Size Clear Book


PHP 159.75 (3.02 USD)
      Clear book has been a life saver for me last year to keep all my papers organized. I used it to store my quizzes, worksheets, papers to submit, etc. It was a big help as all my papers are all in one place and they do not get crumpled or wrinkled compared when you just put them inside your bag. The multiple pockets inside helped me to organize them by subject for past papers and by urgency/deadline for current papers. I just wished that I knew about this earlier so I did not get stressed through the years as I have lost lots of quizzes that I should return to the teacher.

Yellow Pad Paper

PHP 34.75 (0.66 USD)
     We did not actually use that much yellow paper last year but in case I would need it, I will have it. It is usually used when the teacher is asking us to pass seat works/activities or reviewers that we don't really use. Most teachers in Senior High School require yellow paper and not the intermediate paper we used in lower years. Maybe it will be an essential this year, who knows.

Pilot G-tec refills (0.3 and 0.4)

PHP 44.75 (0.85 USD)

     G-tec is really my favorite pen. I love how fine it writes and makes my penmanship clean and legible. I have been using them for more than a year and I already have couple of them (which luckily I haven't lost) so I just bought refills. By buying refills, I can save money and also reduce the waste of having other pens scattering around.

Chosch Gel Ink Pens 0.5 mm

PHP 129.75 ( 2.46 USD)

swatches
   These pens look familiar, don't they? When I first laid my eyes on them, I thought these were the Muji gel pens but I looked on their brand and I realized they were different. These are also one thing that is not on my list that I bought. I asked my brother if I should but it even though I don't need it and he told be I should. "You may not need it now but if you like it, you will find a way to need it in the future." Considering his thoughts and the price of the pens which is very affordable, I happily put them on my cart. I cannot compare their performance to the Muji gel pens as I don't have them. But I can say with the swatches and the trials I made, they write smoothly but has little ghosting. Overall I liked them and I am pretty excited to use them in the future.

Stabilo Cool Swing Highlighters

PHP 36.75 ( 0.70 USD)
      Admittedly, I already have more highlighter than I need but I just can't resist these adorable highlighters. I have been wanting to own these highlighters for quite times and luckily I finally have bought two. I chose the pastel milky yellow as I really like the muted but still bright shade of yellow and the pastel lilac haze just simply because it is my favorite color. I would like to use this in my bullet journal and highlighting my books.

Yamayo Correction Tape

PHP 44.75 (0.85 USD)
         Mistakes are inevitable and there will always be a need for a correction tape. Tampering a mistake with a pen just looks so messy in my opinion. There are also several times when I am writing, I tend to write a sentence simultaneously and forget a certain word in it. I think my hand does not coordinate with my brain well as I am thinking faster than writing. This is an unfamiliar brand but still I bought it as it said that it is made in Japan. Kind of illogical but I just think Japanese made products have good quality.

A5 Pouch

            I am using a pouch to store index cards, sticky notes, and other things that I usually leave in my locker. These are usually stuffs that I don't need all the time but might be helpful to have in case needed. I just bought this because of the cute cat although  I am afraid of cats and animals in general.

KW- trio staple wires, 3M clear tape, and Dong-a glue stick

PHP 22.75 (0.43 USD)

PHP 22.75 (0.43 USD) 

PHP 19.75 (0.37 USD)  for the small one and PHP 29.75 (0.56 USD) for the bigger one
     Staple wires, clear tape, and glue stick are just stuffs that I need to re-stock in my stationery drawer. These things are really boring but they are really important for me as a student. No need to say more.
    I really enjoyed buying stationery for this school year. This is also the first time that I did not but lots of things especially those I don't really need. I hope that I will be able to utilize these stuffs properly. I will promise that I will not only have good stationery but also good grades. I will do my best this school year. I am actually quite nervous as I am an incoming high school senior, but still I will remember that my fear is full of shit. Good luck as well for everyone. Keep on fighting!

Comments